How does the accreditation procedure work in sequence?
IOAS follows accreditation procedure in 4 stages.
• Application phase
• Assessment phase
• Accreditation phase
• Surveillance phase
• Accreditation form submitted by interested conformity assessment body
• Where necessary IOAS personnel interact with the interested conformity assessment body and solve their doubts and queries
• Application is reviewed by Accreditation Committee and brief report is submitted to the management
• Based on the joint decision concluded by the management and committee, conformity assessment body is informed about next course of action
• Board communicates assessment dates to the conformity assessment body, obtains conformation and subsequently schedules site visit. During this visit, IOAS shall assess the technical competence, skill and knowledge of auditors as well as back office staff.
• IOAS's competent personnel will initially review the management system developed by conformity assessment body. The assessment duration differ cause of the size of the CAB and the complexity of the process.
• An assessment report in details shall be recorded along with shortfalls and conformities.
• Shortfalls may be corrected by the conformity assessment body by implementing necessary measures within stated time frame of 60 days from assessment date.
• Where necessary, corrective actions implemented by the conformity assessment body are re-assessed after mutual agreement.
• An accreditation committee evaluates the assessment report and decides on whether the accreditation should be granted.
• When decided to grant the accreditation, IOAS declares successful completion of accreditation procedure and notifies the conformity assessment body about the same.
• IOAS, then issues accreditation certificate accompanying with annexure as necessary specifying scope of services.
• When accreditation is granted, conformity assessment body's details are updated in IOAS registrar
• When issued, accredited certificate is generally valid for Four years. IOAS intend to ensure that the conformity assessment body comply with all necessary requirements and also maintain management system in order to deliver expected service to end customer. Surveillance audit is scheduled every year. Upon successful completion of five years, conformity assessment body enters into new contract for subsequent four years, that is called as re-accreditation