ISO/IEC 17024 Accreditation
ISO 17024 standard are applicable to all organizations which are operating certification of persons. Certification of person means providing conformance that the certified person meets the requirements of the certification scheme. The evaluation of the candidate done by the methods of the examination as per the requirement.
The latest version of ISO 17021 was published in 2012.
Certification of a management system provides:
- Policies and procedures for certification of persons.
- Defines its requirements, evaluation and decision on certification of persons.
- Comply with all applicable legal requirements which is applicable to the certification
It is applicable to the all Certification Bodies.In some countries, these bodies termed as Certification Bodies, Registration Bodies, Licensure bodies or registrars.
- ISO 17024 defines the requirements for the Subcontracting.
- It defines responsibility for confidentiality and security.
- It defines requirements for examiners.
- It defines the maintaining of records.
- It defines information exchange between certification body and its client.
- It defines control of documents and records.
- It helps in development and maintenance of a certification scheme for persons.