ISO 37001 Certification
ISO 37001 is that the new international standard for an anti-bribery management systems, replacing BS 10500 in October 2016. Bribery can happen anywhere, be of any value and may involve financial or non-financial advantages or benefits. ISO 37001 has been intended to fuse a progression of measures that speak to universally perceived practices, which an association must actualize to help them forestall, distinguish and address bribery.
ISO 37001 certification enables your organization to use a series of measures which will function a framework for you to implement controls which will enhance your ability to deal with bribery risk.
WHERE IT IS OFTEN IMPLEMENTED
ISO 37001 are often implemented in any organization, no matter industry, location and size and may help protect your organization from:
- Bribery by and against your organization or your staff
- Bribes paid or received by your organization or a 3rd party.
ISO 37001 is meant to be employed by small, medium and enormous organizations within the public, private and voluntary sectors. It are often employed by such a good range of organizations because the quality is meant to be a versatile tool, which may be adapted consistent with the dimensions and nature of the organization and therefore the bribery risk it faces.
- Reduced malpractice risks: implementing the measures of this standard reduces the danger of malpractice.
- Reference: ISO 37001 are often used as a reference for the establishment or improvement of an anti-bribery management system.
- Transparency: this standard is a tool to support transparency and keep stakeholders informed on its stand on bribery. Stakeholders may include the Board of Directors, personnel, business partners and investors.
- Stakeholder assurance: ISO 37001 assures stakeholders that an organization has taken the acceptable measures to stop bribery.
- Protection: ISO 37001 protects an organization that involve its assets, shareholders and directors from the bad effects of bribery and corruption.
- Demonstrates compliance: implementing the quality offers organizations how to demonstrate compliance with the applicable laws.
- Easily integrated: ISO 37001 follows an equivalent structure as ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 and consequently it are often easily integrated into existing management systems.
- Insurance: within the event of disputes, implementation and certification are often used as evidence of due diligence.
- Serves as a benchmark: ISO 37001 are often used as a benchmark to gauge the organizations’ position in reference to global best practices employed by other organizations.
While ISO 37001 isn’t a sure guarantee that no bribery will happen within an organization, it’s a transparent demonstration that the organization has implemented adequate measures to detect and stop bribery, making it a valuable investment for any business.