ISO 50001- ENERGY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
WHAT IS ISO 50001?
Used by large and little organizations across the planet to manage and reduce energy use and costs, ISO 50001 is a superb framework to assist implements an energy management system (EnMS).
From large retailers to smaller manufacturers and little businesses, the quality offers organizations the chance to become more resilient against energy costs and availability.
Whether you’re curious about certifying to ISO 50001 to scale back costs, suits legislation or increase your sustainability, implementing the quality provides a scientific approach to achieving all three. Almost like other management system standards published by the world organization for Standardization (ISO), ISO 50001 is predicated on the PLAN-DO-CHECK-ACT approach to realize continual improvement in energy performance. the connection between its main elements is illustrated below.
The purpose of ISO 50001 standards are to enable organizations to determine systems and processes necessary to enhance energy performance. The quality applies to all or any factors affecting energy use which will be monitored and influenced by an organization. ISO 50001 standard doesn’t specify energy performance criteria. It provides a general-purpose system that permits organizations to settle on performance standards that they deem best meet their requirements.
WHERE IT'S APPLICABLE?
A) Is applicable to any organization no matter its type, size, complexity, geographical location, organizational culture or the products and services it provides;
B) Is applicable to activities that has impact on energy performance that are managed and controlled by the organization;
C) Is applicable regardless of the number, use, or sorts of energy consumed;
D) Requires demonstration of continual energy performance improvement, but doesn’t define levels of energy performance improvement to be achieved;
E) are often used independently, or be aligned or integrated with other management systems.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF ISO 50001 ENERGY MANAGEMENT?
- Identify and manage the risks that surround your future energy supply
- Measure and monitor energy use to spot where to enhance efficiency
- Improve overall performance to chop energy consumption and bills
- Reduce carbon emissions and meet government reducing targets
- Demonstrate environmental credentials to extend tender opportunities
- Helping to realize energy use reduction and carbon emissions during a systematic way
- Making better use of energy consuming assets, thus identifying potentials to scale back maintenance costs or expand capacity