ISO/IEC 17020 Accreditation
ISO/IEC 17020 CONFORMITY ASSESSMENT
ISO/IEC 17020 conformity assessment requirements for the operation of varied sorts of bodies performing inspection are developed so as to create confidence within the inspection bodies. Accreditation to inspection bodies may be a procedure by which an authoritative body provides formal recognition of technical competence for specific inspection, supported third-party assessment supported ISO/IEC 17020:2012 standard. This international standard ISO/IEC 17020:2012 is drafted in accordance with the principles given within the ISO/IEC Directives.
IAF is engaged in development and updating of guidelines related with accreditation activities. These types of international arrangements give acceptance of inspection results between countries to which MRA partners represent. On accreditation as per ISO 17020 standard of inspection bodies by these recognized body, the inspection report of inspection bodies gets global acceptance thanks to such mutual recognition. the quality was initially published in year 1998 then it had been revised in 2012. at the present, the 2012 version is within the implementation. The ISO17020:2012 standard has sorted examination bodies in three significant classes as under:
Type – A: Inspection body, means an independent inspection body, which is merely engaged in inspection activities (independent of the parties involved),
Type – B: Inspection body, means its inspection services shall only be supplied to the organization of which the inspection body forms a neighborhood , and
Type – C: Inspection body, implies the review body will give shields inside the association to ensure sufficient isolation of obligations and account-abilities among investigation and different exercises.
BENEFITS of ISO/IEC 17020 :
• Improved efficiency, productivity and effectiveness within the overall Inspection bodies operation,
• Improved degree of inspiration, co–activity, workmanship and quality mindfulness including capability
• Increased trust in assessment information and of staff performing work. More prominent control of procedures and exercises all through review bodies. Reserve funds as far as your time and cash because of decrease or end of the need for re–assessment/re–work and so on.,
• Provide recommendations on analysis of knowledge also as perfect record keeping.
• Provide guidelines and better control for maintenance of kit , preservation of inspection records, etc.
• Establish confidence of management and customers on results also as reports and increase customers trust also as market share.
• Better image of inspection bodies as a top quality inspection bodies in global market.
• Worldwide recognition and credibility.
• An ISO 17020:2012 accredited inspection body features a definite edge over competitors.
The Accreditation from IOA Services is given to the organizations which are into the inspection and surveys and risk assessments.
- Inspection in the field of Engineering which includes the inspection of pressure Systems, Lifting equipment/Hoists, Electrical installations, Power press,, local exhaust ventilation, cargo / pre-shipment inspection, manufacture of boilers / pressure vessels, welding inspections, oil and gas metering)
- Civil Construction such as Building and construction projects.
- Food related inspections such as Food safety, Food Hygiene, Manufacturing and processed practices, cargo inspection, animal welfare, labeling.
- Asbestos surveys
- Legionella Risk Assessments
- Health and social care
- Care home inspection
- Fire Protection systems
- Plant Health
- Environmental Technology Verification.
The requirements of ISO 17020 are contained in 14 major sections including:
1. Administrative requirements
2. Requirements for independence, impartiality, and integrity
4. Organization and management
5. Quality system
7. Facilities and equipment
8. Inspection methods and procedures
9. Handling of inspection samples and items
10. Control of records
11. Inspection reports and inspection certificates
13. Complaints and appeals
14. Cooperation with other inspection bodies